Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cross Country Team in Holand Christian High School



First I was planing to play in the soccer team. However when I arrived here, I found out that I was late for the tryouts and the coach didn't want to take any new players to the team because he would have to cut some players, who has already practiced for 2 weeks, if he took new players. Then Dan suggested me to attend cross country team and I said ok although I am not good at running. I started going to the practices 2 weeks before the school started but the team had started one month earlier so I just missed 2 weeks. We had 3 practices in a week before the school and after the school started we had everyday. There were approximately 25 girls and 25 boys in the team and it really helped me to make some friends and to have some fun. We went to at least 6 or 7 meets that we had ran 5 km every each of them. In the begining it was hard for me to run 5 km but then I started to get used to it. Although I have never enjoyed while I was running =)), it was a great team and I spent with them a great 2 months. (By the way these pictures are from a Cross Country Team party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment