Friday, January 2, 2009

My Host Family, DeCooks


I was feeling anxious about my new life while I was sitting on the seat of the plane which was from Chicago to Grand Rapids. On the way to Holland, that feeling passed away when I met with my host family, DeCooks. Yet they have been really nice to me. I want to explain some about their family. Dan&Cecillia DeCook are both doctors. Dan is a surgeon and Cecillia is a family practician.(even though their job is very stressful, they are always joyful). They both like biking and they have two Tandem bikes (a tricycle and a two-cycle). (I also went to a Tandem Rally with them in my second week in U.S. but I am gonna write about it later). Also Cecillia is a great cooker so I haven't had hard times with foods yet. They have three kids; one of them is Abby (Abigail), she is also an exchange student in South Africa this year (I think I am gonna meet her on May), second one is Nate (Nathaniel), he is an 8th grader, likes skateboarding and playing electric-guitar, and the last one is Elena, she is a 7th grader, loves ballet and also she is good at playing piano and getting piano lessons but I don't know whether she is interested in playing it because it seems like that she is forced to play it. =)) And of course there are two cute dogs; Tedy (Left) and Roxy (Right). They are siblings and love playing with each other. Also they both love licking your face while you were sleeping. Roxy is shier than Tedy but she has a good ability. When she wants to go somewhere, she bites your hand and pulls you wherever she wants to go. =)) Besides the dogs there are also different kinds of animals, it is like animal farm. =)) A cat called Larry (He likes laying down on your stomach while you were sitting on the couch), a rat, a rabbit and the most interesting one is Nate's iguana. Nate had taken it from his physics teacher and it's now in his room. It is spending time by eating carrots, lettuce and by sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Can! I'm happy you started writing this blog! I'm looking forward to reading more entries, even though you could probably tell those things me face-to-face, hahaha...

    Mark

    ReplyDelete